Frequently Asked Questions
What types of insurance does Intact Insurance offer?
Intact Insurance is Canada’s largest personal and business insurance company. We offer vehicle, home, and business insurance through a network of brokers across Canada.
How can I lower my insurance costs?
To lower your premium, ask your insurance broker about the following:
- increasing your deductible (i.e., your share of the cost of a claim) – by increasing the amount you are willing to pay, you will decrease your premium;
- dropping collision coverage on an older car;
- bundling your car and home insurance;
- installing an approved theft deterrent system in your vehicle;
- buying a car with a lower-cost insurance rating.
What can I do to make sure that I have enough insurance?
Your insurance broker will assess your needs based on the details you provide about your home or vehicle. In case of home insurance, a complete inventory of your belongings will help you get the right coverage and make it easier to file a claim.
What is Replacement Cost?
Replacement cost is the total cost that your insurance company would pay to fully reconstruct your home if it were destroyed. Replacement costs include things that may not be included in the resale value, like the cost and availability of skilled labour, debris removal, extra expense due to more stringent building codes, and more. If you made upgrades or did renovations, talk to your broker to make sure you have the right coverage.
However if you had Lifestyle Advantage™, you could spend the replacement cost however you wish. With no obligation to rebuild, you could downsize and keep any leftover money. Certain restrictions apply, so call your broker to see if Lifestyle Advantage is right for you.
What is a Deductible?
A deductible is the portion you are responsible for paying in the event of a claim. For example, if your home insurance policy has a $1,000 deductible and there are $5,000 in damages, you will pay the first $1,000 and the insurance company will pay the remaining $4,000.
How do I make a payment?
How you pay your bill is up to you: automatic debit, Internet payment or cheque, or pre-authorized credit card payments are all available. Learn more about how to make a payment.
How do I cancel my insurance policy?
We recommend that you talk to your insurance broker, who can advise you on any changes you would like to make to your policy, including cancellation. Your broker is listed on your insurance policy.
Is your claims service open 24/7?
Yes, it is! You can reach us at any time at 1 866 464 2424. Plus, when you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim.
What are the different types of home insurance that Intact Insurance offers?
Intact Insurance offers insurance for your house, condo, apartment, cottage, home-based business and rented dwellings. We can also cover identity theft and offer liability insurance. Read more about home insurance.
What does my home insurance policy cover?
Intact Insurance offers tailored home insurance coverage to fit your lifestyle, so you can choose exactly what you want covered: your home, its contents, or yourself. Visit our home insurance section to learn more, or if you have specific questions about your coverage, contact your broker.
How is my home insurance premium determined?
When calculating your premium, various factors are taken into consideration. Some examples include:
- The location of your home
- The age and condition of your home.
- The number of years you have lived in that home
- If your home is built for or used by more than one family
- How your home is heated
- Proximity to fire-fighting support
- If you work at home
- How much protection you want
- The number of claims you have made in the past
How can I save on my home insurance?
The premium you pay is determined by different factors. The good news is, there are actions you can take to reduce your premium and simultaneously protect your home:
- Evaluate your coverage every year to make sure it reflects the current value and condition of your home, and takes into account major improvements or purchases.
- Implement preventative measures like an alarm system, main line backwater valves, water sensors, alarmed sump pumps, and tankless water heaters. You should also perform regular maintenance to your plumbing, your electrical and heating systems and your roof.
- Ask your broker about discounts you may be entitled to - you might qualify for additional discounts if you are mortgage or claims free.
- Avoid a cancellation penalty by waiting for your renewal date if you want to switch insurance companies.
- Some coverage options might allow flexibility. Your broker can help you determine precisely the level of coverage you need.
- Paying your premium annually can help you avoid interest charges or service fees.
Do you cover water losses?
No, we don’t currently offer coverage for water losses.
How can I protect my home from water damage?
There are many steps that you can take to help avoid water damage. Read our water damage checklist for prevention tips.