We’ve got you

Our network of independent brokers and the dedicated 24/7 claims team will work with you to offer a simple and stress-free experience. You can easily submit and track your auto or home claim through Intact Insurance App or the Client Centre.

Service centre

Intact Service Centre™

Intact Service Centre can manage your auto claim repair from start to finish. Simply drop off your vehicle and drive off in the rental car we’ve arranged for you. The process is fast, simple and incredibly convenient.

Desktop tile contractors repair shops intact insurance 1200x600

Contractors and Repair Shops

With our Rely Network® of certified professional restoration contractors and repair shops, expect high-quality and consistent services.

Svgexport 12 2

30 Minute Claims Guarantee

At Intact Insurance, we take customer satisfaction very seriously. When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim. That means they’ll start the claims process, and will have the ability to take charge of the situation and arrange emergency support if required. If not, we’ll write you a cheque for the full amount of your annual premium up to a maximum of $1,000*. It’s just one of the ways we work to give you the best possible service experience when filing a claim.

Need to submit a car or home claim online?

Desktop image claims intact insurance 1024x626

Over 1 100 000 clients use the app.

Don’t wait and download it now!

58K Ratings
Google play
21K Ratings

Scan the QR code with your mobile phone to download the app

In claims claimspromobanner website qrcode en


What should I do when if have a car accident?

Stroke 1 Copy

Step 1: Get help if you need it and make the area as safe as you can.

  • If there’s major damage or injuries, call 911
  • Turn off your engine
  • Don’t smoke or place flares near your vehicle
  • Don’t move your car if there are injuries, fatalities, extensive damage or fuel leaks

Step 2: Gather information from everyone involved.

  • Collect names, addresses and phone numbers of the other drivers.

Step 3: If your car is not drivable, you’ll need a tow truck.

  • Remember to remove all valuables from your vehicle
  • If you were involved in a car collision, you can file your claim online. 

Submit a claim online

What should I do if I have property damage?

Stroke 1 Copy

You’ll want to get your life back to normal as quickly as possible. In three steps, we’ll help you get the ball rolling.

Step 1: Call the authorities and/or your insurance broker.

  • In case of vandalism, theft or other similar situations, law enforcement authorities should be contacted first and a police report should be prepared.
  • When you speak to your insurance broker, they will know the specifics of your policy coverage and will be able to advise you.

Step 2: Connect with us.

  • Your insurance broker can connect you to us. They can even stay on the line with you as you speak to one of our representatives.

Step 3: Get back on track.

  • Repairs: Trust our Rely Network® of professional restoration contractors. They’ll get to work quickly on repairing your home or property.
  • Replacement: To ensure you receive appropriate replacements for your contents, we’ll ask for a list of all damaged items, as well as key support documentation (such as appraisals, owners’ manuals, photographs, receipts, warranty information or original packaging). If you don’t have the necessary documents, we can advise you on other options.
  • Reimbursement: If your policy includes Replacement Cost Coverage, we will reimburse you for the full amount needed to buy the item (or a comparable new item) or give you the value of the item (less any deductible).
  • Accommodation: If your home is uninhabitable due to a covered peril, we’ll help you find alternative short or long-term accommodation and, if needed, supply emergency funds.

    Submit a claim online

    Learn more about our Rely Network®

What should I do if my windshield is damaged?

Stroke 1 Copy

You don't have to submit a claim.

Just contact a glass repair shop in of our network. The shop will send us the required information and repair or replace the damaged glass. Log in to your client centre or download the Intact App to find a glass repair shop.

Log in to to find a glass repair shop

What should I do if my house is robbed?

Stroke 1 Copy
  • If you return to your home and find your door or window ajar, call the police immediately. Do not go in. The sooner they arrive, the greater the chance your valuables will be recovered.
  • In the event of a surprise encounter with an intruder, attempt to flee. If you are blocked in, remain still and allow the intruder to leave. Do not try and stop an intruder from leaving, as the person may be armed.
  • Do not touch anything or attempt to clean up the mess before the police arrives. You may ruin important evidence. Give the police a copy of your home inventory. This will make it easier to identify a suspect who is caught with your valuables.
  • Your insurance broker can connect you to our claims team. They can even stay on the line with you as you speak to one of our representatives.

    Submit a claim online

What to do if my house has a water damage?

Stroke 1 Copy
  • Don’t turn on any electrical switches until your electrical system has been checked by a professional.
  • First, turn off your main switch if you can do it safely.
  • If you have gas service, check for fumes – if you notice an odor, call the gas company immediately.
  • Take steps immediately to protect your property from further damage.
  • Board up holes or shut off water supplies to ensure your belongings are not damaged further.
  • Whenever possible, move undamaged items out of wet basements and away from flooded parts of your home.
  • Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for micro-organisms such as viruses, bacteria and mould which can cause disease, trigger allergic reactions and continue to damage materials long after the water damage. Mould growth can start in less than 48 hours.
  • Save receipts for materials you use – we will cover any reasonable cost associated with protecting your property if the loss is covered by your policy.

    Submit a claim online

What should I do if my house is damaged by wind and hail?

Stroke 1 Copy

Protect yourself by taking these steps:

  • Secure all glass openings (windows, sunroof) to limit additional damages
  • Make sure outdoor furniture and fixtures and all vehicles are brought in to prevent them from being damaged
  • Stay away from glass windows and doors and seek refuge in an interior room with no windows
  • Avoid using electrical appliances
  • Take care of your pets: A storm can be a frightening experience, and they could injure themselves or injure you if panicked
  • Do not light candles or lanterns – they could get blown over causing a fire
  • Never go out during the storm – flying debris can cause severe injuries 
  • After the storm clears, and you come out, beware of downed power lines and gas leaks
  • Stay away from heavily damaged areas. Listen to your radio for instructions 
  • Your insurance broker can connect you to our claims team. They can even stay on the line with you as you speak to one of our representatives. 

Submit a claim online

Didn’t find what you were looking for?

View all FAQ
Svgexport 16

Submit or track a claim. We’ve got your back.