Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What types of insurance does Intact Insurance offer?
Q. How can I lower my insurance costs?
To lower your premium, ask your insurance broker about the following:
- increasing your deductible (i.e., your share of the cost of a claim) – by increasing the amount you are willing to pay, you will decrease your premium;
- dropping collision coverage on an older car;
- bundling your car and home insurance;
- installing an approved theft deterrent system in your vehicle;
- buying a car with a lower-cost insurance rating.
Q. What can I do to make sure that I have enough insurance?
Q. What is Replacement Cost?
A: Replacement cost is the total cost that your insurance company would pay to fully reconstruct your home if it were destroyed. Replacement costs include things that may not be included in the resale value, like the cost and availability of skilled labour, debris removal, extra expense due to more stringent building codes, and more. If you made upgrades or did renovations, talk to your broker to make sure you have the right coverage.
However if you had Lifestyle Advantage™, you could spend the replacement cost however you wish. With no obligation to rebuild, you could downsize and keep any leftover money. Certain restrictions apply, so call your broker to see if Lifestyle Advantage is right for you.