Discover more coverage
Advice to help you to protect what you care about
Each province and territory have a different standard level of coverage for auto insurance. For more information on the specific auto insurance mandatory coverage for your province or territory, see the coverage section above, and get in touch with your broker if you have any questions.
The first step to purchasing car insurance is to get a quote through your broker. With a broker, you’ll discuss your needs, find the best protection for your vehicle and finalize your insurance policy over the phone. It’s that easy!
There are many ways for both experienced and young driver to save on their car insurance premiums: bundle your home and auto insurance policies, choose a higher deductible, etc. There are many other ways to save on auto insurance, just ask your broker!
Your car insurance premium is calculated based on a variety of factors. These include:
- The type of car your drive
- Where you live and work
- The number of years you've been driving
- How often and how much you drive
- Your driving habits
- The type of protection you need
- The amount of the deductible
To discuss your car insurance premium further, don't hesitate to reach out to your broker or to get a car insurance quote today. Insurance brokers will help you find the best protections and insurance premium for your car.
- On your mobile device, launch the Intact Insurance App. Tap on "Claims" on the start page, then click "Submit a car claim."
- Identify areas of your car that were damaged by choosing the incidental car.
- Then, several inquiries will be posed to you for you get the details on the incident: who was driving, where and when the crash happened, who might have been injured, what was damaged, etc.
- You can send up to 20 images (such as photos, police reports, counterparty details, etc.) using the Intact Insurance App. These pictures will be used to evaluate the damages. We'll include these in your file. Additionally, you may use the guided snapshot module to take 10 photographs of the damage to your vehicle.
- If you have finished entering all the important information tap "Submit." Your case has been finished and submitted.
- If you didn't include any supporting documentation or images when you initially submitted your claim, you can retrieve it later and upload them using the guided photo module. Once your claim has been made, you can provide supporting documentation and information.
Based on the amount of protection you want from your auto insurance; you may pick from a variety of coverage options regardless of the type of vehicle you are going to insure:
- You could be protected by Collision and Upset Coverage against the expense of repairing damage to your car that results from collisions with other cars or obstacles like guardrails.
- Comprehensive coverage may provide coverage against perils other than Collision and Upset and protects you against the cost of repairing damage to your car caused by unforeseen events like arson, robbery, graffiti, or natural catastrophes.
Only particular risks, like theft, natural catastrophes, rioting, or civil unrest are covered by Special Perils Coverage.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Get a car insurance quote
Have the right protection when tackling the twists and turns of the highway. Find the best auto insurance policy for your needs, starting with getting an auto insurance quote. Getting an auto insurance quote is the first step to protecting your vehicle.