In accordance with our values, Intact is committed to conducting business with the highest standards of integrity, ethics, respect, excellence and social responsibility.
To help achieve this goal, we have established the Whistleblower Hotline for our employees, stakeholders and third parties (e.g. shareholders, vendors, suppliers, etc.) to communicate their concerns and report any suspected unethical incidents.
What to report
Incidents or concerns relating to:
- Any breach of laws or regulations;
- A breach of internal controls or policies;
- Suspected fraud by employees, customers, service providers, vendors or suppliers; and
- Other conduct or behaviour that appears suspicious or unethical.
What not to report
The Whistleblower Hotline does not replace other methods that stakeholders and customers have traditionally used to communicate with Intact.
- If you are a customer who would like to share a complaint, please refer to the Complaint Handling Protocol to provide feedback about service.
- For any tips related to potential fraud involving an insurance claim, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any questions about Privacy, please contact our Privacy Office
How to report
You can file a whistleblowing complaint through EthicsPoint, a secure and confidential third-party platform.
You can either:
- Call EthicsPoint at 1-855-679-8233 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with an independent operator who will share your report with Intact’s Compliance Team: or
- File a report online at: EthicsPoint - Intact-RSA-Codan. Intact’s Compliance Team will receive your report and start an investigation.
- It is possible to file a report anonymously
- You can follow-up on a filed report and correspond with investigators using EthicsPoint
The Whistleblower Hotline is completely confidential.
As a whistleblower, you are not required to disclose your name. If you choose to disclose your name, it will not be revealed unless required by law.
You may report an incident anonymously. However, anonymous reports can limit our ability to conduct an investigation as there may be insufficient information provided to support taking action. We are best able to respond when we have some way to contact you in confidence and gather the information necessary to conduct a complete investigation.