Types of car insurance coverage
No matter what kind of vehicle you are insuring you can choose various levels of coverage, depending on how much protection you want for your car insurance:
- Collision and Upset coverage protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle caused by impact with another vehicle or an object such as a guardrail.
- "Coverage against perils other than collision or upset", previously called Comprehensive, protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle from unexpected situations such as fire, theft, vandalism or natural disasters.
- All Perils protection combines both of the above coverages.
- Specific Perils coverage protects your vehicle only against specific dangers, such as theft or attempted theft, some natural disasters, riots or civil disturbances.
Car Insurance Coverage Based on Your Vehicle
Car insurance liability coverage is mandatory for driving in Canada. Beyond that, there are other options to consider for your ideal coverage.
Learn more on car insurance coverage based on your vehicle
The type of vehicle you drive is one factor that determines what type of car insurance you need.
If you own a brand new car, for example, you may want your insurance policy to cover the full replacement cost in the event of an accident.
Drive worry-free, with additional auto insurance protection
If you have a good driving record, it’s only natural that you want to protect it. Do you also want to be able to count on a roadside assistance service in case of trouble along the way? Safeguard your good record and drive worry-free with My auto privilegeTM. This combination of two coverages adds up to peace of mind and confidence on the road.
Learn more on auto insurance protection.
- Good Driving Record Protection guarantees that your Intact Insurance premium will not increase as a result of being at fault in one or even two accidents over a five-year period.
- Roadside assistance* from Intact Insurance entitles you to four service calls per year. Eligible services include towing your vehicle (up to 50 kilometres), jump-starting your battery, unlocking your doors, gas delivery, changing a flat tire, and pulling your vehicle out of mud. It’s comforting to head out on the road knowing that you can call for help if something goes wrong.
Do you only need one of these coverages? No problem: these features are packaged in My auto privilegeTM but they are also available separately.
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply to all offers. The information that appears on this website is provided to you for information purposes only. Your insurance policy contract takes precedence at all times. Please consult your policy for a complete description of coverage and exclusions.
* Roadside assistance services are provided by an independent third party.
my Driving DiscountTM: an auto insurance program based on your driving habits
Some people have better driving habits than others. That's why we have our my Driving Discount program that rewards good driving behaviour. Through this program, you could save up to 25%* off your car insurance premium.
Learn more on my Driving discount
If you are an Uber driver in Quebec, Intact now provides a commercial insurance policy that covers you from the moment you make yourself available to accept an Uber ride request, to the moment the last passenger exits your vehicle.
Turo Car Sharing
Is your car sitting idle in your driveway? Put it to work and earn extra income by listing it with Turo - an online marketplace that allows private car owners to rent out their vehicles. It’s simple, safe and you can choose who rents your car and when.
Drive green and save!
Have you made the environmentally responsible choice to buy an electric vehicle or a rechargeable hybrid? Insure it with Intact Insurance and you can receive a 20% discount on your auto insurance premium!
On top of this “electrifying” discount, you can also receive a free* one-year membership in the Association des véhicules électriques du Québec (AVÉQ), an organization dedicated to promoting the advantages of “driving green” and to improving the province’s charging infrastructure. Your AVÉQ membership gives you access to exclusive offers, including discounts on electric car purchases or rentals and on the cost of buying your own charging station.
With Intact Insurance, it pays to plug in!
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See the eligibility conditions for details of this offer.
* Purchase or renewal of the membership in AVÉQ is paid for by Intact Insurance. A $44 value.
AVÉQ is the largest electric vehicle association in Canada. It is involved in many events to raise public awareness of the advantages of electric vehicles. AVÉQ has thousands of active members and is a source of information and resources on electric mobility in Quebec. The association’s website hosts several forums where electric car owners can exchange information and ideas.
Get the best value for your money with car insurance and home insurance bundles from Intact Insurance
Synchro Insurance is the perfect marriage between your home insurance and auto insurance. This winning combination gives you superior insurance coverage and up to 15% off your home insurance premium.
Learn more on how bundle your car insurance and your home insurance
Savings and payments on your car insurance
At Intact Insurance, we treat each person as an individual.
We work with local, brokers to offer insurance coverage and premium amounts unique to you. Speak with a broker to help navigate through the different car insurance coverage options to ensure your discounts are built right into the price you pay.
We offer a variety of convenient payment options to help make it easier to manage your payments.
Learn more on savings and payments on your car insurance
Car Insurance Claims
No one wants to be involved in an accident, but if you need to make a car insurance claim we'll get you through the process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Learn more on car insurance claims
30 Minute Claims Guarantee
When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim.
Learn more on 30 minutes claims guarantee