IMPORTANT: Our phone system is temporarily not available, but we are fully operational. We are working to restore access and apologize for the inconvenience. To start a claim, or access your insurance documents, please visit your Client Centre or use our app.

Regional alert is disabled

Skip to main content

Non-Standard Commercial Property

Non-Standard Commercial Property

Non-standard commercial property

If your business activities fall outside of standard insurance offerings, or you have an unusual property risk, you may have difficulty finding the right insurance coverage.

That’s where we can help. Intact Insurance provides coverage for property risks that are more difficult to write due to the type of construction, occupancy, protection and/or exposure, loss experience or class of business.

Some of the classes we cover:

  • Vacant homes and buildings
  • Rented and owner-occupied dwellings
  • Student housing
  • Building owners with high-hazard tenants
  • Bars/taverns/banquet halls (property coverage only)
  • Remote and unprotected risks
  • Difficult-to-insure locations

Ask a broker

With a network of more than 6,000 broker offices across Canada, we’ll help you find a trusted advisor who understands your needs, so you’ll always get the right advice for your business.

Control, reduce and prevent your risks

Find trouble before it finds your business. We help business owners identify and prevent potential losses. See how