Home protection checklist for vacationers
Summer is a time for many of us to get away and travel. Whether your trip is for work or play, if you’re headed overseas or staying within the country, some simple preparation before you leave can save you significant time, money and hassle in the long run.
Your vacation checklist
Heading off on an upcoming trip? Use this helpful checklist to ensure your house stays well protected while you’re away.
- Set some inside and outside household lights on timers so nobody knows you’re gone
- Drain pipes and turn off water mains
- Have a neighbor pick up your mail, newspapers and flyers, or suspend your mail delivery entirely
- Turn off taps on the washing machine and any appliances that could leak
- Dispose of your garbage
- Leave keys and your travel itinerary with a friend or family member
- Lock your doors and windows
- Get someone to check on your home periodically
- If away for long periods of time, arrange for someone to mow the lawn
For more great tips on how to prepare for vacation, check out Insurance is Evolving.
Get The Coverage
Get the coverage on all things home and auto. Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get helpful tips and information every season. We also have up-to-date information on our business and insurance plans.Subscribe
The Coverage is a quarterly e-newsletter brought to you by Intact Insurance that gives helpful advice and articles on all things home and auto, as well as up-to-date information on our business and insurance plans.
Brokers Are Here To Help
If you have questions about your home or auto insurance, talk to a broker – they’re here to help. They’re also a great resource for tips and advice, and can point out any potential issues.