Fire? Get out quickly and safely.
If you smell smoke or see flames, get everyone out of the building immediately. Remember:
- The air is clearer near the floor
- Get down on your hands and knees and crawl to an exit
- Close doors to slow the spread of smoke and flames
- Agree on a meeting place, go there and “take attendance” to be sure that no one is left inside the building
Call the fire department!
- Phone from outside the building and give the complete address
- Don’t hang up until you’re told to do so
- Be sure no one goes back inside for any reason
- Tell the fire department if anyone is trapped inside the building