Privacy Breach Coverage
Whether there is a loss, theft or unauthorized access to or use of your customers or employees personal information, we understand the impact a privacy breach can have on your business. Our privacy breach coverage offers expense coverage that ensures you can get back to business quickly after a privacy breach with:
- Legal expense coverage for certain legal fees or defence expenses from civil proceedings resulting from a covered privacy breach.
- Remediation expense coverage for certain expenses that could include notifying your customers, post-breach fraud or credit monitoring, and, if necessary, securing forensic services.
- Business interruption coverage to cover certain loss of income resulting from the breach, including necessary extra expenses.
Tailor your coverage to your business by adding:
- Third party liability coverage for legally obligated compensation to other parties and resulting legal expenses.
We also offer privacy breach coverage for Directors & Officers and Errors & Omissions policies, providing:
Directors & Officers:
- First-party expense coverage for certain legal consulting fees and remediation expenses.
- Third-party liability coverage* for defence costs and damages as a result of a privacy breach.
Errors & Omissions:
- First-party expense coverage** for certain legal consulting fees, remediation expenses and data retrieval and restoration expenses.
- Third-party liability coverage for defence costs and damages as a result of a privacy breach.
Intact Insurance Company’s Privacy Breach Coverage gives you access to services from CyberScout® an independent third-party service provider specializing in breach preparedness, compliance and resolution. Their services include swift and thorough solutions to help safeguard and restore your business reputation and customers’ trust.
Talk to a broker about the options available to help you protect your business. With a network of more than 6,000 broker offices across Canada, we’ll help you find a trusted advisor who understands your needs, so you’ll always get a solution adapted for your business.
*Both first-party expense coverage and third-party liability coverage are available with a for-profit Directors and Officers policy. The not-for-profit policy offers first-party expense coverage only.
**First-party expense coverage cannot be sold without third-party liability coverage on Errors and Omissions policies. Third-party liability can be purchased separately.
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. The information that appears on this website is provided for information purposes only. Your insurance contract prevails at all times. Please consult it for a complete description of coverage and exclusions.
Non-insurance services are provided by CyberScout, an independent third-party service provider. These services provided do not constitute legal advice. If you require legal advice, please consult a lawyer. Intact Financial Corporation and its affiliates assume no responsibility for making the services available to you or for your use of the services.