Whether you’re renting out a house, condo or apartment, we offer two insurance policy types to choose from:
- Rented Dwelling Comprehensive provides all-risk coverage
- Rented Dwelling Fire and Extended provides protection against vandalism and other risks
To be eligible for our Rented Dwelling Insurance, your investment property must be used for residential purposes only. We also ask, amongst other things, that you:
- Own the insured dwelling
- Be actively involved in the maintenance of the dwelling
- Do not have more than one property claim within the last five years
- Have a maximum of two mortgages per dwelling
Renting out commercial property?
Learn more about Business Insurance
How a broker can help
More than 200 companies provide insurance to consumers in Canada, each offering its own unique coverage. It can be confusing and time-consuming to compare different insurance products.
That’s why an independent insurance broker is your best ally. Intact Insurance works with a network of more than 6,000 independent broker offices across Canada.
The brokers we work with are licensed professionals who work for you. They do the legwork to find you the best insurance coverage at a price you can afford. Talk to a broker about the protection that’s right for you.