If your home or property gets damaged by a covered peril, it’s bound to upset your life. We’ll help you get through the insurance claims process as quickly as possible, provide advice about what to do next, and walk you through it every step of the way.
In the event of property damage
You’ll want to get your life back to normal as quickly as possible. In three steps, we’ll help you get the ball rolling.
Step 1: Call the authorities and/or your broker.
In case of vandalism, theft or other similar situations, law enforcement authorities should be contacted first and a police report should be prepared.
When you speak to your broker, they will know the specifics of your policy coverage and will be able to advise you.
Step 2: Connect with us.
Your broker can connect you. They can even stay on the line with you as you speak to one of our representatives. Or, call our 24/7 claims service line: 1 866 464 2424
Step 3: Get back on track.
- Repairs: Trust our Rely Network® of professional restoration contractors. They’ll get to work quickly on repairing your home or property.
- Replacement: To ensure you receive appropriate replacements for your contents, we’ll ask for a list of all damaged items, as well as key support documentation (such as appraisals, owners’ manuals, photographs, receipts, warranty information or original packaging). If you don’t have the necessary documents, we can advise you on other options.
- Reimbursement: If your policy includes Replacement Cost Coverage, we will reimburse you for the full amount needed to buy the item (or a comparable new item) or give you the value of the item (less any deductible).
- Accommodation: If your home is uninhabitable due to a covered peril, we’ll help you find alternative short or long-term accommodation and, if needed, supply emergency funds.
Contractors you can trust. It’s guaranteed.
Our Rely Network® of skilled professional restoration contractors will work quickly to repair your home or property using quality materials. We are so confident in their work, it’s guaranteed for as long as you own your home.
These professionals agree to:
- Give our customers priority service
- Use only quality materials to do the job
- Review and explain the estimate before starting repairs, and keep you informed throughout the process on how long the repairs will take
- Make sure the work area is left clean and tidy when the job is done
- Provide you with the Intact Insurance Rely Guarantee upon completion
Our promise is to get you back on track.
When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim. If not, we’ll write you a cheque for the full amount of your annual premium up to a maximum of $1,000*.