The Intact Foundation
The Intact Foundation is an integral part of our core value of being socially responsible. Since its inception in 2004, the Intact Foundation has donated over $31 million in charitable funding to over 1,400 organizations nationally.
To ensure we continue to make an impact on some of the most pressing issues affecting Canada, the Intact Foundation has refined its investment strategy to focus on two main areas – child poverty and climate change adaptation.
Putting children first, the Intact Foundation will proactively identify and work with United Way agencies nationally to help lift Canadian children out of poverty.
Like Intact, the United Way is committed to helping the communities where we live and work become safer, healthier and happier by helping people when they need it most. The Intact Foundation will direct a maximum of $1.5 million in employee matching to United Way agencies that support child poverty reduction programs across Canada.
Climate change adaptation
The Intact Foundation remains committed to drive climate change adaptation solutions and support charitable organizations that help Canadians understand the increasing impacts of climate change.
The Intact Foundation will invest $1 million nationally on projects in three key areas:
- Action Plans: Our communities are unique. We’re looking for organizations to step up to partner with municipalities & community leaders to understand what needs to be protected and how best to do so.
- Resiliency Projects: Focusing on flood, wind, fire, and hail, we’re investing to ensure we have resilient communities to live and enjoy for years to come. This includes projects focused on improved water management, stronger fire prevention tactics, urban greening initiatives, and wind/hail resiliency initiatives.
- New Solutions: We’re enabling Canadian charities to develop new and forward thinking solutions for climate change impacts. We’re focused on enabling future generations and investing in projects of forward thinking charities focused on climate resiliency, all in the name of challenging Canadians to adapt to climate change impacts.
Funding allocations will be for a maximum of three years, with a maximum grant of $250,000. Only one application per organization will be accepted.
Sept 19 -9:00 a.m. EST: Application Opens
Oct 5 -12:00 p.m. EST: Information webinar for interested charities. Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 17 -11:59 p.m. EST: Application closes
Oct 18 - Nov 14: Application Review
Dec 1-8: Funding Announcements
The Intact Foundation does not provide charitable contributions to the following types of requests:
- Capital campaigns or physical infrastructure projects or endowments
- A general fundraising campaign
- Reduction of accumulated capital or operating deficits
- Partisan political or strictly religious activities
- Professional or amateur sports (individual or team)
- Production of a film, video, or publication (can be part of a project or program)
- An event, conference, workshop, or seminar
- Third-party fundraising activities
- Financial support to individuals
- Scholarships or bursaries
- Emergency needs
- Currently funded organizations that have not submitted all required reports
Apply for a Grant
The climate change adaptation granting window is now closed.
For any inquires contact email@example.com.