The Intact Foundation
The Intact Foundation is an integral part of our core value of being socially responsible. Since its inception in 2004, the Intact Foundation has donated over $31 million in charitable funding to over 1,400 organizations nationally.
To ensure we continue to make an impact on some of the most pressing issues affecting Canada, the Intact Foundation has refined its investment strategy to focus on two main areas – child poverty and climate change adaptation.
Putting children first, the Intact Foundation will proactively identify and work with United Way agencies nationally to help lift Canadian children out of poverty.
Like Intact, the United Way is committed to helping the communities where we live and work become safer, healthier and happier by helping people when they need it most. The Intact Foundation will direct a maximum of $1.5 million in employee matching to United Way agencies that support child poverty reduction programs across Canada.
Climate change adaptation
The Intact Foundation remains committed to drive climate change adaptation solutions and support charitable organizations that help Canadians understand the increasing impacts of climate change.
Impact Investment - Call for Applicants
The Intact Foundation is excited to announce that we will be making our first impact investment.
The Foundation intends to make a single investment of up to $200,000 in a Canadian social enterprise that is focused on tackling the root causes of child poverty in Canada.
Intact is seeking to make a direct investment in a small social enterprise. The investment type and structure are flexible.
Intact is looking for an investee that we can help support in the launch or growth of their social enterprise. Our employees are excited to become involved with partners of the Intact Foundation. This could include opportunities for Intact employees to engage in skills-based volunteering to leverage Intact’s broad range of skillsets and Canada-wide network of partners.
The Details - what we're looking for:
The Details – what we’re looking for:
• Thematic focus: We are looking for innovate business ideas and business models that tackle the root causes of child poverty in Canada. This may include employment & skills-building programs for parents, affordable housing for families or social, athletic and cultural programs that target low-income children. Preference will be given to ideas targeting vulnerable populations.
• Revenue Generation: The social enterprise must have or be developing a revenue stream to support its business model.
• Entity Structure: Intact prefers to make an investment in an enterprising charity, but strongly encourages non-profit, cooperative and for profit social enterprises with innovative models to apply.
• Investment Structure: Intact is open to different investment structures, including loans, seed or Series A investments, real estate investments or other creative or beneficial structures. Please be specific and realistic about the type of investment you can handle.
Process and Timeline
1. Applications will close on February 2, 2018 at 5pm ET but will be reviewed as they come in.
2. Candidates may be contacted by Intact or by Purpose Capital, our impact advisory partner, for clarifications or further information.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an in-person or video call meeting with Intact and Purpose Capital in February.
4. Intact will present a Term Sheet to the top finalist.
5. The successful applicant will be announced in the first quarter of 2018.
• Please submit the application form and attachments to email@example.com.
• Please use the email subject line “Intact Impact Investment Application – [organization name]”
Apply for a Grant
The climate change adaptation granting window is now closed.
For any inquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org.