Programs We Support
The Foundation funds many endeavours that aim to encourage independence and address the needs of youth at-risk. It will consider providing community investments to organizations, programs, or projects that:
- Foster resilience, prevention and independence
- Build self-esteem and develop personal skills
- Redirect inappropriate lifestyles or behaviours
- Assist with pre-employment training
- Develop values and enhance the quality of life through positive recreation experiences and opportunities
For instance, we contribute to an ever expanding network of shelters in large urban areas. We have provided funds to organizations such as Covenant House in Toronto and Vancouver, Raido House in Calgary, and Eva’s Initiatives and the YMCA in Toronto. These organizations provide homeless youth with a range of services, including a place to stay, counselling and vocational support.
We also support frontline agencies that offer day programs to at-risk youth such as Spectre de rue, a community-based organization in downtown Montreal and the Fort Whyte Foundation in Winnipeg.
Along with supporting local charities in many communities where we live and work, we provide funding to leading national charities and projects within our social vision.