Intact Insurance has announced important changes to auto insurance in British Columbia.
What kind of car insurance coverage do you need?
No matter what kind of vehicle you are insuring you can choose various levels of coverage, depending on how much protection you want for your car insurance:
- Collision and Upset coverage protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle caused by impact with another vehicle or an object such as a guardrail.
- “Coverage against perils other than collision or upset”, previously called Comprehensive, protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle from unexpected situations such as fire, theft, vandalism or natural disasters.
- All Perils protection combines both of the above coverages.
- Specific Perils coverage protects your vehicle only against specific dangers, such as theft or attempted theft, some natural disasters, riots or civil disturbances.
Get additional coverage with my auto
- Your deductible is waived for fire, lightening, and theft of your vehicle
- Emergency Roadside Assistance*
- Lock re-keying and windshield glass chips are covered
- No limits for your sound system, or other attached equipment
*Some conditions apply
You can ask you broker about Accident Forgiveness with your core package as well.
Car Insurance Coverage Based on Your Vehicle
The type of vehicle you drive is one factor that determines what type of car insurance you need.
If you own a brand new car, for example, you may want your insurance policy to cover the full replacement cost in the event of an accident.
Car Insurance Coverage Based on Your Driving Habits
Do you commute every day, or save your driving for weekends? Are you running errands or carpooling?
Your driving habits affect your insurance risks.
Savings and payments on your car insurance
At Intact Insurance, we treat each person as an individual.
We work with local, independent brokers to offer insurance coverage and premium amounts unique to you. Speak with a broker to help navigate through the different car insurance coverage options to ensure your discounts are built right into the price you pay.
We offer a variety of convenient payment options to help make it easier to manage your payments.
30 Minute Claims Guarantee
When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim.