Skip to main content
Confirm your region:
Bread Crumbs

If you’re in an accident that causes bodily injury* or property damage to someone else, you could be sued.

Personal umbrella coverage will protect your assets against certain lawsuits, and cover your legal expenses and loss of income while preparing your legal defense.

Talk to a broker about topping up your existing coverage with a liability umbrella policy if you are:

  • A home or condo owner
  • An owner of a recreational property (like a cottage), rental property, boat, or snowmobile
  • Active in your community
  • A volunteer for school field trips or outings with your children's friends
  • A frequent traveler (even on short business trips)
  • A volunteer or a director of a non-profit organization (including condo corporations
* Except for damages covered by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec.

How a broker can help

More than 200 companies provide insurance to consumers in Canada, each offering its own unique coverage. It can be confusing and time-consuming to compare different insurance products.

That’s why an independent insurance broker is your best ally. Intact Insurance works with a network of more than 6,000 independent broker offices across Canada.

The brokers we work with are licensed professionals who work for you. They do the legwork to find you the best insurance coverage at a price you can afford. Talk to a broker about the protection that’s right for you.

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our Terms of UseThis link will open in a new window. and with our Privacy PromiseThis link will open in a new window..