We’ll help you through the process and get you going again.
A car accident is a stressful situation. We’re here to work with you and your broker to help you through the claims process.
Know what to do if it happens to you.
Stay calm. If you’re ok, make sure others are, too. If you can, assist anyone who is injured and gather information.
Get help if you need it and make the area as safe as you can.
- If there’s major damage or injuries, call 911
- Turn off your engine
- Don’t smoke or place flares near your vehicle
- Don’t move your car if there are injuries, fatalities, extensive damage or fuel leaks
Gather information from everyone involved.
- Collect names, addresses and phone numbers of the other drivers.
If your car is not drivable, you’ll need a tow truck.
- Call our 24/7 Claims Service line and we’ll assist in arranging a tow and rental car for you
- Remember to remove all valuables from your vehicle
Advice and next steps:
- Call your broker
- Call our 24/7 Claims Service line at
1 866 464 2424
We’ve got a network of dependable repair shops.
Our Rely Network® of certified repair shops will make you their priority. The repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own your vehicle.
Every shop in our network must:
- Employ licensed technicians who regularly participate in industry specific training programs
- Have the appropriate technology to provide estimates and repair the newest vehicles
- Be recognized for providing excellent customer service
- Participate in our customer satisfaction surveys and agree to regular inspections by Intact Insurance.
- Arrange for a replacement vehicle if needed, and ensure your vehicle will be ready when promised and cleaned inside and out
You’re covered with our 30 Minute Claims Guarantee.
When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim. If not, we’ll write you a cheque for the full amount of your annual premium up to a maximum of $1,000*.
A representative will be able to:
- Help you make decisions
- Provide emergency support
- Contact suppliers for emergency repairs
* Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply.